TAKVA WUDHU SOCKS
What is masah and is it permissible?
"I was in the company of Allah's Apostle on one of the journeys and he went out to answer the call of nature (and after he finished) I poured water and he performed ablution; he washed his face, forearms and passed his wet hand over his head and over the two Khuff, (leather socks)." Narrated by Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba
What are the conditions for socks to be able to make masah on them?
1. They should cover the entire ankle according to the Imams of all four Madhabs. (Al Mousoo’ah alfiqhiyyah al Kuwaitiyyah 37/364)
2. A person should be able to walk with the khuff for three miles without them tearing according to Hanafies. Shafies assert that the sock should be so strong that a person can carry out is basic chores in the stipulated time of a khuff (i.e. one day and night for a muqeem and three days and three nights for a Musafir).According to Hambalies the sock should be such that usually a person can continuously walk with it without it slipping off the foot. (Al Mousoo’ah al fiqhiyyah al Kuwaitiyyah 37/364
3. Both socks should independently be free from holes to the extent of three of the smallest toes (according to Hanafies). According to Shafies and Hambalies the sock should be totally free from all holes. (AlMousoo’ah al fiqhiyyah al Kuwaitiyyah 37/365)4)
4. It should be able to remain on the leg without being tied or fastened. It should be such that if water is poured over it, the water should not seep through them.
What breaks the masah on my wudhu socks?
Removing the socks also breaks masah. (i.e. if a person is in a state of wudhu and he removes his TAKVA Wudhu Socks, masah will break. He will have to wash both his feet again and there is no need to repeat the entire Wudhu. (NOTE: If the sock of only one foot was removed, it will be wajib to remove the sock of the other foot as well and to wash both the feet.)
Masah also breaks with the expiry of the period of masah. If the person is still in a state of wudhu after the expiry of the period, then only the feet will have to be washed.
ABOUT TAKVA WUDHU SOCKS
How do TAKVA Wudhu Socks work and have they been verified by scholars?
"TAKVA Wudhu Socks fulfills the requirement of a khuf especially in the Shafi’i mazhab and allows for simpler ablution by applying the concept of wiping over it (masah khuf) for ablution, making it a convenient fit for those who are always on the go."
- USTAZ MOHAMMAD KHAID RAFI (BA Syariah (University of Madinah) and Msc Asian Studies; Studies of Interreligious in Plural Society; RSIS, NTU)
“It meets the requirements of the "khuff" in jurisprudence (fiqh), and is a fantastic idea especially for working adults and students. Also, it will encourage more women to wear socks as the feet is aurat in the shafi'i school of jurisprudence."
- USTAZAH FARHANA MUNSHI (Graduate of Daruzzahra, Institute of Traditional Islamic Sciences, Tareem, Yemen; Direct student of Hababah Umm Zain bint the Mufti of Tareem; ARS Certified by MUIS)
What are the steps to perform masah on my TAKVA Wudhu Socks?
2. After doing your ablution, put on the socks. You will be able to perform masah if you do not take off your socks within the stipulated time (72hrs for traveller, 24hrs for non-travellers).
3. Wet your hands with water. Draw the fingers of the right hand on the upper surface of the Wudhu Socks starting from the toes and ending (the Masah) at the foreleg (just above the ankle).
4. The Masah should be done once only on each sock. The right hand should be used for the right sock and the left hand for the left sock.
How do I care for my TAKVA Wudhu Socks?
⦿ Do not wash above 30°C. It will cause your socks to shrink.
⦿ Run the machine at mild process or put it in a delicate bag.
⦿ Do not bleach.
⦿ When drying, turn socks inside out and squeeze excess water out before drying. This will prevent the socks from smelling.
⦿ Do not dry-clean, put in a dryer, or iron. Keep away from direct heat.
My socks smell sometimes. Why is that?
Wash the socks daily. If you are planning to use them everyday, we would suggest that you purchase more than one pair and wear them on alternating days while the other is in the wash.
When drying, turn socks inside out and squeeze excess water out before drying in a well ventilated area. This will prevent the socks from smelling.
We have tested the TAKVA Wudhu Socks extensively and can guarantee that with proper care and maintenance, there will be no smell.
Help! My socks have shrunk in the wash!
Why can't I use regular cotton socks?
For that reason, they should not be used to perform masah on.
And Allah Knows Best.
FOR ALL OTHER QUESTIONS
FOR ALL OTHER QUESTIONS
Kindly contact our friendly team at email@example.com with any questions you may have with regard to the TAKVA Wudhu Socks. We will try our very best to be of service to you! We are also constantly updating this page to answer your questions with regard to the fiqh of doing masah on the TAKVA Wudhu Socks, so please check back regularly!